- Web Browser
Your web browser must be capable of displaying and processing forms. Browsers that have been tested and are recommended are Netscape 4.0 or newer or Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 or newer. If you do not have one of these browsers, you will not be able to complete the process without first upgrading your software.
In order to obtain some types of licenses and permits from this
website, you will need to have a functioning printer attached to your
computer, and you must also have the Adobe Acrobat reader (version 5.0
or later) installed.
Printable items are labeled with a "printer" icon on the item selection
page. The DFW suggests printing these items with a laser printer, if
available. A inkjet printer may also be used, but documents printed
with an inkjet printer often smear easily when subjected to water. You
may choose to laminate your license, but if you do, all sections of the
document must be legible and available for inspection by a law
If you do not have the Adobe Acrobat reader installed on your computer,
you may download it free of charge from the following website:
- Methods of Payment
After selecting the licenses you wish to purchase, you will be required to enter your method of payment. We currently accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or E-Check. Your payment information will be encrypted and transmitted to our payment processor for direct approval. Your credit card or check numbers will NOT be stored in our database. You will be asked to provide your credit card or check numbers again during subsequent purchases.
- Site Security
The New Jersey Division Of Fish & Wildlife's site is operating on a secure web server. The information you enter is transmitted to us using a Secure Sockets Layer of communication (SSL). Our server then passes your credit card information to our bank using triple data encryption standards (DES). The bank processes your credit card information and transmits back to us an approval notice. Your browser will indicate when you are operating on a secure server. First, the URL of the web site will begin with an "https", rather than "http". Second, you will find a closed padlock on your status bar.
Some customers may experience an error message that reads "DATA MISSING - document has expired from cache" when attempting to view or print their receipt. This is caused by your browser's cache memory being full or set to a low limit. Follow the instructions for your browser version to clear your browser's cache so you are able to print your license.
- Netscape 3.0 (Instructions)
1. From the browser menu under Options, Network Preferences, find the buttons labeled "Clear Memory Cache Now" and "Clear Disk Cache Now". 2. Click on both of these buttons. 3. In the kilobytes boxes next to these buttons, change the numbers to be "double" what they are currently set at. 4. Click on the Connections Tab. 5. Find the box labled "Network Buffer Size". Enter "128" in this box.
- Netscape 4.0 (Instructions)
1. From the browser menu under Edit, Preferences, Advanced, Cache, find the buttons labeled "Clear Memory Cache Now" and "Clear Disk Cache Now." 2. Click on both of these buttons. 3. In the kilobytes boxes next to these buttons, change the numbers to be "double" what they are currently set at. 4. Click the Connections Tab. 5. Find the box labled "Network Buffer Size". Enter "128" in this box.
- Internet Explorer 4.0+(Instructions)
1. From the browser menu under Tools, Internet Options, find the section labeled "Temporary Internet Files". 2. Click on the Delete Files button. 3. Click on the Settings button and increase the disk space to "double" what it is currently set at.